Tiger Army frontman Nick 13 will be playing a handful of solo dates this week leading up to the Hootenanny on July 3rd in Irvine, California. That festival will be headlined by rock’n’roll pioneers Chuck Berry and Jerry Lee Lewis along with Old 97’s, Shooter Jennings, Throw Rag, Chris Shiflett and may more.
I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream! Just don’t eat it too fast. www.steamgames.com.
Friction Records has added Bars of Gold to its roster. The band, which features ex-Bear vs. Shark vocalist Marc Paffi as well as original BvS drummer Brandon Moss, will release an eight-song 12″ entitled Of Gold through the label on August 24, 2010.
Three songs from the LP can be heard at the band’s MySpace page.
Source Continue reading Friction Records signs Bars of Gold (ex-Bear vs. Shark)
In a recent interview at Azkena Rock Festival in Spain this past weekend, Jay Bentley and Brooks Wackerman of Bad Religion revealed that the band’s upcoming LP will be called The Dissent of Man and is due out on September 28, 2010. The BR Page has a video of the interview which can be seen here.
The Dissent of Man will be Bad Religion’s fifteenth studio album, and first since 2007’s New Maps of Hell.
Source Continue reading Bad Religion titles new LP, sets release date
Avant-garde punk duo No Age have detailed their next full-length. The record is titled Everything in Between and it’s due out on September 28, 2010 via Sub Pop Records, following up 2009’s Losing Feeling.
Click below for the track listing as well as the band’s upcoming tour dates.
Source Continue reading No Age set to release ‘Everything in Between’
Rancid has unveiled another unreleased video from their back catalogue. “Spirit of `87” comes from the band’s 2003 full length Indestructible (that was the one Warner Brothers released, for whatever reason). The clip features footage of the band on tour in Japan.
Falmouth, UK’s Bangers have made their new full-length Dude Trips available for free download. The album was recently released by the band’s own Specialist Subject Records in the UK and on Flix Records in the rest of the world, and they’re currently supporting it on a seven week European tour alongside Dirty Tactics.
Dude Trips can be downloaded at the band’s Bandcamp page.
Source Continue reading Bangers post new album for free download
Hello everybody and welcome to Navel Gazing: your look back at the week in Punknews. I’m Adam White and I’ll be your guide through some of the most popular, notable, and otherwise attention getting stories of the past seven days. Each and every Punknews story is built from tips contributed by you fine folks, and here’s what got the community talking this week:
- Hot Water Music is planning a new album. End of article. See you next week folks!
- No? Ok then…
- The Mighty Mighty Bosstones are gearing up for an August tour with Teenage Bottlerocket and The Flatliners
- Bands like Rise Against and Flogging Molly have joined the BP Boycott. That tanker of crude that Tim had on order? Cancelled.
- Against Me! frontman Tom Gabel performed “White Crosses” acoustically with Franz Nicolay accompanying on accordion.
- Jim Lindberg, formerly of Pennywise has resurfaced in a new band called The Black Pacific
- Anchor Arms has called it quits after three years.
- NOFX detailed their upcoming singles and rarities collection
- We had some footage of the Gaslight Anthem and their hero Bruce Springsten performing “No Surrender” together.
- The Swingin’ Utters and the Copyrights are touring together soon.
- Finally, Marky Ramone wants his Ramones money. To find it he’ll have to solve a complex series of clues we at Punknews have been amassing for this very occasion.
With that we hand over this Sunday evening to you, the Punknews community. From that glorious, likely bearded rabble we’ve see the creation of everything from message boards and Punknews fantasy sports leagues to even a band or two. So talk amongst yourselves and we’ll see you Monday…
Source Continue reading Navel Gazing for June 27th, 2010
For centuries people worshiped the sun. Today you are best advised to avoid direct sunlight. We recommend basking in the warm comforting glow of your computer monitor while playing some new games from www.steamgames.com.
In what can only be regarded as an extreme act of profound benevolence, Kiss of Death has made many of their new releases available for free download. To make it easy for you, here’s a nice bullet list of all the music that’s available:
- The new 7″ from Senders, Recovery
- Mayflower‘s recently release debut, Second Best Sunsets
- A split 7″ from In The Red and The Anchor
- The new O Pioneers!!!/Junior Battles split 7″
The label is working toward eventually having their entire catalogue available for free download.
Source Continue reading Kiss of Death posts a bunch of releases for free download
Frank Portman, successful YA author, alleged doctor and frontman of The Mr. T Experience, was recently featured on The Switchboard Sessions. For the session, Portman recorded acoustic versions of “Checkers Song,” originally found on 1994’s …And the Women Who Love Them as well as a cover of 1910 Fruitgum Company’s “Goody Goody Gumdrops.”
Over the next few weeks, we’ll be teaming up with Boca Raton, FL melodic hardcore outfit Protagonist to post videos from the studio as the band records their new EP in Tulsa, OK with Stephen Egerton producing. As many of you probably know, the band recently fell on some hard luck as their trailer housing roughly $22,700 worth of gear and other valuables was stolen.