Noted partier and twitter-based motivational speaker Andrew W.K. recently performed on FuelTV’s The Daily Habit.
Click below to watch Andrew his band perform “I Want To See You Go Wild.” The track comes from Close Calls With Brick Walls which was issued in North America earlier this year after an initial run limited to Japan in 2006.
Continue reading Andrew W.K.: “I Want To See You Go Wild” (live on The Daily Habit)
Kent, OH-based trio Annabel have a new 7″ on the way. The record is titled Here We Are Tomorrow and it’s due out December 14, 2010 via Tiny Engines, following up the band’s 2009 full-length Each and Everyone.
Here We Are Tomorrow will boast four new tracks, with all copies including a download code for the release as well as a bonus fifth track. The opener, “The Forgetting Of Names And Faces,” is streaming at the group’s MySpace page and is also available for download as part of Volume 1 of our recent Fest 9 compilation.
Continue reading Annabel details ‘Here We Are Tomorrow’ 7-inch
Hello everybody and welcome to Navel Gazing: your look back at the week in Punknews. I’m Bryne Yancey, pinch hitting for Adam White this week while he vigilantly peruses the contents of a hotel minibar somewhere in Ottawa. I’ll be your guide through some of the most popular, notable, and otherwise attention getting stories of the past seven days. Each and every Punknews story is built from tips contributed by you fine folks, and here’s what got the community talking this week:
With that we hand over this Sunday evening to you, the Punknews community. From that glorious, likely bearded rabble we’ve see the creation of everything from message boards and Punknews fantasy sports leagues to even a band or two. So talk amongst yourselves and we’ll see you Monday…
Continue reading Navel Gazing for November 14, 2010
Updates to ARMA 2: British Armed Forces have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted.
ARMA 2: British Armed Forces
VERSION 1.01 HIGHLIGHTS
* Brand new grenade launcher optics
* Doubled quality of BAF-Lite experience
* Broad range of fixes and tweaks
A2: BAF changelog 1.00-1.01
* Fixed: Tripod bags bug preventing BAF static weapon completion
* Fixed: SUSAT GL has working alternative optic
* Fixed: Reverse faces on FV-510 driver hatch
* Fixed: Permanent muzzle flash on Chinook door gunner
* Fixed: Chinook left-gunner-chief position is rotate-able
* New: Auto-registration of BAF addons (preLoadAddons)
* Fixed: Wrong proxy position of pilot in BAF models
* Fixed: Missing proxy of Jackal GMG’s crew shadow LOD
* Fixed: gunnerCanSee was broken by BAF for static weapons
* Fixed: non-working GL rangefinder
* Fixed: cfgMod correction
* Fixed: IED deactivation issues
* New: New addon config parameter isLite for BAF-Lite
* Fixed: DR.Haladik is not mystified with world directions anymore
* Fixed: invisible bag bug
* Fixed: IEDs have theirs proper names and actions
* Fixed: Adjusted FV-150 cannon strength
* Bonus: Textures quality for BAF-Lite doubled
* Bonus: Sound quality for BAF-Lite doubled
* Bonus: Brand new grenade launcher optics to fit ballistic trajectory
Continue reading ARMA 2: British Armed Forces Update Released
Updates to ARMA 2 have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted.
VERSION 1.08 HIGHLIGHTS
* Numerous stability and functionality fixes and improvements
* Added many new scripting commands and event-handlers
* Various visual optimizations
* AI behaviour related fixes and improvements
Engine 1.07-1.08 Changelog
* New: Free camera can be locked to plain objects like trees.
* New: New MP UI for Create Game (both host and remote).
* Fixed: Fps degradation when vehicles collided with rocks (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/2490)
* New: -skipintro command line option to disable loading menu cutscenes.
* Optimized: File cache memory handling is now faster.
* Changed: foreach variable _index renamed to _forEachIndex
* Fixed: Stop firing at vehicle crew once it is dead. (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/5183)
* Fixed: Rpt file no longer created in local settings when -profile is used (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/13308)
* Fixed: Some texture or model files not loaded from mod paths starting with @. (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/14039)
* Fix: Flooding of RPT file by “Cannot find Object” and similar messages after client disconnection.
* New: Scripting command HostMission.
* FIX: Engine crash with diag_log versus %
* New: MP Diagnostics logged into the mpStatistics.log file at the end of mission.
* New: VSync config option
* New: GetResolution script function
* New: forEach: variable _index added to retrieve the position of _x within the Array
* New: getVariable: default value can be defined
* Changed: Preprocessor error no longer terminates the game.
* New: getTerrainHeightASL script function
* Fixed: Reduced z-fight in scopes.
* New: event handler “fired” returns magazine name and object of projectile.
* Fixed: Slow animation step on some buildings (doors on LHD,..)
* Fixed: Alpha blend in fog.
* New: mergeConfigFile script function
* Fixed: Heads of distant soldiers were sometimes invisible (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/4023)
* Fixed: Fired EH (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/13971)
* Fixed: Person – helicopter collision not cause heli damage, (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/12107)
* New: setSimpleTaskTarget script function
* Fixed: SetIdentity (relate to 73319)
* Fixed: Ammo created with createvehicle inflicts no “hit” damage
* Fixed: My own shots no longer causing a stress.
* New: WeaponAssembled, WeaponDisassembled events
* Fixed: Nearby units are notified of vehicles created by CreateVehicle command immediately now.
* Fixed: AI helicopters hovering too high when deploying troops on transport unload WP.
* Improved: Animation interpolation no longer shortening hands.
* Fixed: Relative formation command (advance/fallback/flank) now working as expected.
* Improved: AI mounting vehicles or catching up with formation covering a bit less to move faster.
* New: Expansions possibly registered in Windows Registry (by some future setups) are loaded and available through ModLauncher.
When used with -mod commandline the prefix ‘%’ should be used, such as -mod=%someInstalledMod.
* New: added addWeaponCargoGlobal, addMagazineCargoGlobal, addBackpackCargoGlobal
* Improved: Improved helicopter AI formation flying and collision avoidance.
* Fixed: MPEvents were not synchronized to clients after respawn.
* Fixed: leaveVehicle no longer unassigns units from other groups (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/3476)
* Changed: Event handlers evaluation, EH are now processed after simulation.
* Fixed: AI soldier unable to fire at targets below or above itself (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/13668)
* New: addBackpackCargo script function
* New: Multiplayer Event MPRespawn synchronized on all clients but triggered only on the client where respawn happens.
* Fixed: Client had problems taking weapon from remote vehicle (supply target was handled localy)
* New: Multiplayer Event Handlers MPKilled and MPHit.
Their event handlers are synchronized over network to be the same on all clients.
Moreover, when the MPKilled or MPHit event occurs it is triggered on all clients, ie. it works in global manner.
Use them by new scripting commands addMPEventHandler, removeMPEventHandler and removeAllMPEventHandlers.
* Fixed: Join group changes unit’s side
* Changed: Airplanes parallax HUD disabled, can be enabled by “enableParallax” in config
* Fixed: execVM with a zero sized file has freezed the game.
* Fixed: Switching vision mode with fire mode
* Fixed: AI equipped with TI see through smokes
* Fixed: Commanding units with aiming deadzone
* Fixed: crash on server when loading ban.txt
* Fixed: crash in Ka52 while player as gunner
* Fixed: Shadows sometimes disappered, esp. when sun was behind a player.
* Improved: changed tank AI driver behaviour
* New: Better clients bad CDKey checking on server.
* Fixed: Crash with AI leaving vehicle with GetOut EH (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/11011)
* Fixed: Client with bad CD key is kicked off from server instead of being politely asked to disconnect.
* Fixed: Airplanes HUDs projected into infinity.
* Improved: Tracers visible in all directions.
* Fixed: Unable to connect to servers with equalModRequired.
* Fixed: AI stuck while in combat/stealth mode
* New: Explosive shells penetrate bushes;
* Fixed: FireAtPosition aimpoint
* Fixed: Multiplayer on LAN was crashing when GameSpy server was unavailable.
* New: GameSpy modhash key contains list of mods hashes and is used to check there are additional mods on server missing on client (yellow icon in UI).
* New: Mods contents hashes are compared instead of mods lists when equal mods are required on server.
* Fixed: Commandline -mod behavior, active Mods list in UI, ModLauncher UI dialog with better mods detection and handling.
* Fixed: Terrain shadows were too short (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/12328)
* New: getWeaponCargo, getMagazineCargo, getBackpackCargo script commands
* Experimental: TCMalloc used as a memory allocator.
* New: Aircraft now auto-trims at high speed to prevent climbing.
* Improved: More 3D/2D resolution ratios (8:7 and 6:5) added.
* Fixed: Transport waited for dead unit to get out.
* Fixed: NV tracers visible in TI (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/11608)
* Fixed: Decreased tank sliding.
* Fixed: Sonic Cracks and Tracers not working in multiplayer
* Optimized: Frame rate stutter near complex walkable objects (like low rock walls) caused by grass computations.
* Fixed: crew getting killed in vehicles driving from hill/slope
* Fixed: Audio unsupported sample frequency error
* Fixed: IRStrobe (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/11852)
* Fixed: 3D editor – creating of logic center failed (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/11876)
* Fixed: Unit in vehicle could not open gear in map.
* Fixed: client freezes when accessing ammobox (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/11577)
* Fixed: No volume drop on distance with weapon click, car horn and etc. (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/11689)
* Fixed: Dead player bodies disappeared after respawn.
* New: Repair vehicle and deactivate satchel charge action for enginner.
* Fixed: EEIncomingMissile event parameter
* New: Added scripting function disableTIEquipment.
* New: Artillery computer; Fire at position AI command; enableEngineArtillery script command
* Fixed: Surface sound in infinite terrain (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/11430)
* Fixed: AI vision was not affected by light sources.
* Fixed: Birds were heard inside of a closed vehicle.
* Fixed: Scripting command isFlatEmpty did not work with non-zero third coordinate. (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/11704)
* Fixed: TI was red instead of B/W with some settings and graphics cards.
* Fixed: Night vision simulation was not simulating color sensitivity and blue shift in dark scenes.
* Fixed: Disabled debugging message “Added texture headers from file”
* Fixed: Av8 unable to takeoff from Chernarus NE airstrip (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/3240)
* Fixed: Fog and sky colors did not match when dark.
* Fixed: Moon rotates when moving camera (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/8051)
* Fixed: Stars no longer visible through terrain with low view distance (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/8374)
* Fixed: Improved game stability with a small page file.
* Fixed: Gun recoil in ironsights view was missing kick-back (http://dev-heaven.net/issues/4401)
* Fixed: possible crash after mouse click to Prev/Next button in DisplayConfigureAction
For full information about the included changes between versions 1.00 and 1.08 please visit http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA_2:_Version_History
Continue reading ARMA 2 Update Released
Updates to Alien Breed 2: Assault have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:
Alien Breed 2: Assault
- Fixed Crash to desktop when remapping controls
- Fix to ensure Mia continues on her path during mission 3. Should resolve the soft lock some people encountered when she stopped pathing
- Incorporated all network fixes made to Impact and during Descent development
- Fix to scoring to remove random leaderboard entries
- Japanese font fixes
- Numerous minor fixes and tweaks based on Steam forum feedback
Continue reading Alien Breed 2: Assault Update Released
Updates to Alien Breed: Impact have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:
Alien Breed: Impact
- Fixed Crash to desktop when remapping controls
- Numerous fixes and tweaks to improve Network game set up, quick matches and custom match search should no display invalid lobbies.
- Fixed Network game start code to ensure elevator doors open correctly when the client is on a low spec machine
- PDA text should now appear when using the latest NVidia drivers
- Vista and Win7 Games Explorer fixes
- Numerous minor fixes and tweaks based on Steam forum feedback
Continue reading Alien Breed: Impact Update Released
Heks Orkest, the new band comprised of current/former members of Engine Down, Denali, Sparta, Avail, Action Patrol, Lazycain and others, have completed their first release, the Endless Scroll EP. The two-song 7-inch is available for pre-order now via Youth Conspiracy Records with a projected release date of Dec. 3.
The band will be performing on December 7th and 8th with Ted Leo And The Pharmacists in Baltimore, MD and Richmond, VA.
Continue reading Heks Orkest (ex-Engine Down/Sparta/Avail/Denali) prepare first release
Eulogy Recordings has signed Nightlights. The Orlando, FL-based punk outfit previously released Long Way Home via Anchorless Records The band is currently writing for their Eulogy debut which is expected in Spring 2011. Our review of the band’s EP described them as “more in in line with the Latterman variety” and also mentions music with “f Braid-esque chords on top of Small Brown Bike’s flow”
Check out some music on their MySpace page.
Continue reading Eulogy signs Nightlights
Daytrader have announced some tour dates to round out the year. The band will be performing with Castavet, Strike Anywhere, Such Gold and more.
Continue reading Tours: Daytrader
Whoa, a Friday reviews update! Believe it. You can check out those reviews below:
You can check out any of our 9748 reviews right here.
Continue reading Friday, November 12, 2010
Unwritten Law has announced the artwork and approximate release date for their upcoming album on Suburban Noize Records/BreakSilence. For the artwork, the band invited fans to submit proposed covers and will be releasing three of those covers on three different album versions. Scott Russo explained:
We wanted to bring our fans into the process of making this record so we decided to have a contest where the fans make the artwork for the cover. We got a lot of great artwork and it was very hard to decide. We couldn’t get everyone to agree on one clear cut winner, so we decided to take our three favorite entries and have three different covers for the album. I think, for me, the fly cover was my favorite because it took what my interpretation of ‘Swan’ was literally; something disgusting turned into something beautiful. The second image of the feather in blood was everyone’s all around favorite, because it seemed kind of soft, romantic and violent at the same time. The final entry of the woman with wings sitting on a chair just looked classy and timeless. We felt this image of the introverted girl waiting to explode was an amazing interpretation that depicts the beauty of coming of age. We’re really happy that fans got to be a part of the creation of this Unwritten Law record.
The album is tentatively scheduled for release in March of 2011. Check out the cover variants on their website.
Continue reading Unwritten Law to release album in March 2011
Farming Simulator 2011 is now available for the MAC.
In this sequel to the best-selling hit Farming Simulator assume the role of a farmer experiencing the challenge of 18 hour days running a new farm in the middle of beautiful rolling countryside.
Continue reading MAC New Release – Farming Simulator 2011