The Project Reality Mod team announced today that they are releasing the 0.4 version of their mod for Battlefield 2 on Saturday, November 11, 2006. Here's their release:
We've been toiling away on v0.4. We're putting together the "release candidate" build in the next day or so, then running that through some final testing before releasing on Saturday, November 11th.
As posted on our discussion forums, this will be our "biggyest" release to date. By that I mean there's more content and game play changes in this release than in any prior release. But there's a few things that are a little sloppy that we'll get to with a v0.41 update.
Here's a few screenshots from "Operation Ghost Train" showing off the British Troops in Woodland camo.
And here's a little game play tip: On Operation Ghost Train in the tunnel there is a flag in a service room. The flag is behind some doors that can be breached with C4. That's not the tip!
After you secure the flag you will want to repair the doors so the enemy also has to get some C4 into the area to breach the doors and cap the flag. That's not the tip either!
The tip is… don't lock yourself into the room by repairing the doors from the inside
They have some great looking screenshots on their site showing British Troops in woodland camo which can be found here: Project Reality Mod
The Sir. Community has just announced that the newest version of the wildly popular Battleracer mod has been released. Dubbed 1.29, this version more than doubles the number of available tracks to race on and fixes some minor quirks present in older releases. Among the new features in this release are:
� Kubra Dam – 2 Circuit
� Dragon Valley – 3 Circuit, 1 Sprint
� Jalalabad – 3 Circuit
� Urban Speedway (custom map) – 1 Circuit
� Wake Island – 1 Sprint
� Songhua Stalemate – 1 Sprint
That's 12 new tracks, bumping up the grand total in Battleracer to 22! And of course all your lap and race times are counted and sent to the one-of-a-kind +R Central where you can check your global points, see who holds the world records, and more.
� Sprint gamemode: A race from point A to B
� New Paratrooper Jeep available in Kubra
� Reset Car function
� A myriad of anti-smacktard functions
� Bug fixes in the code
Learn more and find download mirrors at the Battleracer website.
In the past few days, several mods have called it quits for Battlefield 2. They include the promising Rise of Kobol mod based on Battlestar Galactica and the singleplayer/COOP mod, Allied Intent.
In related news, Electronic Art's Marketing department sensing a downward trend in free, fresh, fun content announced the Modlight program for BF2 on the new official BF2142 website.
"Every few weeks we will be reviewing a different mod and inviting all Battlefield Players to join us in gaming sessions on the "ModLight Community Servers" that will be hosted after each review."
A quick check of the Official BF2 website shows no mention of this ingenious new marketing ploy, err community support program aimed at bolstering the dieing, err growth challenged Battlefield Community.
EA has released the 1.4 Patch for Battlefield 2. Info on the patch and some mirrors are below.
1.4 Patch – New content
* New level: Road to Jalalabad (Conquest 16-32-64, Singleplayer, Co-op)
* New Server Option: No Vehicles mode
1.4 Patch – Fix List
* Front end – Fix server browser issues with updating info
* Front End – Multiplayer & Co-op – Players on server list can include Bots instead of human players
* Multiplayer Internet Server maps size filter not working
* Fixed an issue in the front end where pressing tab twice in the IP window would cause the cursor to skip to wrong box
* Increased server stability
* All levels – Co-op – Crash after reviving player without a kit- 1st attempt Server – Linux 32 Dedicated – Server crashes when trying to rotate maps in Special Forces Co-op Mode (fixed on SUSE only. Still present in Red Hat and Fedora)
* Adjust the minimum number of players to start the round.The new values for 16, 32 and 64 players are 6, 6 and 8 respectively.
* Re-enable unlocks on unranked servers
* Ranked server forces unlocks i.e. have to have unlocks selected.
* Coop – Local Server – If Server Host is kicked and banned although they do not actually get kicked, no other players may join the server after that point.
* Fixed a dedicated server crash which was occurring when the user held "CTRL" and "SHIFT" while selecting a map
* Fixed a crash which would occur when c4 was placed on a flag pole and the server rotated maps
* Vehicle drop crash related bug (missing icon)
* Co-Op bot console commands do not function on local servers.
Client / Gameplay:
* Red/Blue nametag bug –Fix to the issue where players would show up with the wrong color name tag
* Introduced a delay from proning to standing to help reduce exploiting
* Adjusted C4 to make throwing more difficult
* Fixed the issue where a red distance marker appears on the ground
* Fixed the issue that caused players arms to become invisible after switching weapons when using throwable items
* Made adjustments to reduce the damage taken by vehicles when driving
* Adjusted the tire material on the muscle car to reduce the issue with this vehicle taking too much damage.
* Commander options no longer available whilst dead.
* Fixed the issue with a spawn point showing up as selected when a player has spawned in during preview round
* Fixed the issue that would cause infantry players to be revived with no kit.
* Fixed several rare graphics crashes.
* Fixed issue with players crashing while clicking "Join Game" in the front end
* Car-Drop: Made adjustments to the car drop feature to prevent players from exploiting into buildings.
* Discovered and repaired an issue tied to projectiles which would sometimes allow tanks to fire two shells, support to fire multiple rounds, and other issues (all maps).
* Fixed bug where after 2 rounds on the same map, the top player stars are awarded to the wrong people in the menu
* Transport Helicopters – Increased the armor of all transport helicopters
FilePlanet – Full
BF2S – Full
GamersHell – Full
BF2S – Incremental
GamersHell – Incremental
BF2CC 1.4 Download
Much like the Veterans Administration, EA has decided that they need to “take care of” their loyal Battlefield fanbase. The result: The Battlefield Veterans Program where;
As a Battlefield 2 player you have qualified for Veteran status in Battlefield 2142. This entitles you to reserve your Battlefield 2 soldier name before Battlefield 2142 hits the shelves, making that name unavailable for anyone else to take. You can claim only one soldier name for Battlefield 2142, no matter how many soldier names you have tied to your EA account. You can also choose any new name not already in use for Battlefield 2.
I would give you more information, but I cant get into the website to find out. The info that we do have is courtesy of PlanetBattlefield
Try here for more info: Battlefield Veterans Program
The rumor going round the net is there was a last minute bug found and they pulled the release to take care of it and test before releasing to the public. I can live with that. I would rather it be fixed now than to wait months for the fix to be released.
Read on for a rundown of the BF2 1.4 Patch Details:
Continue reading Battlefield 2 1.4 Patch Delayed 24 Hours
This was posted at Planet Battlefield earlier today:
BF2 1.4 Patch
16:29 PST | Stealth97
We have been informed that the 1.4 Patch will be released tomorrow (August 15th) around 1pm EST/6pm GMT by various people. So stay tuned for download links and the patch notes as they become available.
Some Battlefield 2 Mod release information is coming out this week. First off, Operation PeaceKeeper has announced that they will be releasing version 0.15 of their Eastern European based mod on August 11, 2006. This information is at the very end of the video that was posted to show off in game action.
Second, the Point Of Existance mod has posted an update that should make its fans happy. Seems they are very close to releasing. They dont give a date, but did say the following:
The team reached a milestone this weekend with releasing POE:2 into Release Candidate status to our testers. To assist us with making sure the build is stable before we release to the public we have included 151 stress testers. The stress testers consist of the Forgotten Hope Development Team and Testers, friends of our developers & testers, and Battlefield:2 community representatives from the multiple websites worldwide.